Saturday, December 27, 2008

So Many Blessings

My friend Shauntae made a post about the blessings she was grateful for and it made me think of how many, many blessings my family has received at this time of year. We are so grateful to have finally sold our house in Logan. It closed on Christmas Eve. It is a very much needed Christmas gift. We are grateful for my parents and their love and help. They sent a great package of gifts for our family and some Christmas money, which is also very helpful at this time. We are also grateful for an amazing family in our ward, the Hickens (it is our bishop's family). They are so generous and thoughtful. They brought our family gifts and some groceries. We are also grateful for our ward and their concern for our family. Our family had an amazing and humbling Christmas thanks to so many people's generosity and love at this very special time of year. Shauntae had mentioned the blessings of paying tithing and we too have seen those blessings.
We are also grateful that our Heavenly Father loves us so much and blesses us with the things we need, right when we need them. Sometimes it is in material blessings, sometimes Spiritual blessings, and sometimes it is just those "Ah Ha" moments that show us that we are not, and will never be, alone. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year!

Christmas Eve the kids always get new PJ's

- Kids' Christmas Gifts -
(The blankets in the background are from my parents)
(I think it loaded Josie's sideways because she was laying down??)
This is an ornament of the St. Paul Temple
that the Hicken's gave to us.

We made breakfast after we opened gifts.
Julia had so much fun she couldn't even stay awake
during Christmas Dinner. :)

8 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I am so glad to know that your house is sold! That is great.
You deserve all of the good things that have come to you. You are a wonderful person with a awesome family!
Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Kristi Rowley said...

I too am glad that your house sold. I love the pictures of the kids. You can see the joy in their faces! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. We too have had those humbling experiences this year. It really brings out the true meaning of Christmas!
Love you guys!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

You are always so great at counting your blessings, I love that about you. It looks like ya'll had a wonderful Christmas, and I'm so glad that you have such a great ward out there. Congrats on the house selling...that'll take off some stress, eh? I love all the pictures of the kids, they are so adorable. Have a Happy New Year.

Sandra said...

Looks like a great Christmas for you guys. I'm so glad that you closed on your house here. That must be a huge relief!

rebeccaV said...

What a great idea to lay out all their gifts and take a picture with them in it!! You are so organized like that! I love that picture of Julia asleep, that is so precious! I am also so glad you sold your house. What a huge relief!! Glad you guys had a good Christmas!!

Amber said...

Camille and I drove by your house the other night and saw the For Sale sign was down, so we were hoping that meant it had finally sold! Congrats - I know what a huge relief that must be! Cute Christmas pictures too - I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas :)

Jessica said...

Julia's picture is adorable. I am so happy that your house sold!!! I can't believe what a relief that it probably is to you. I bet it made a very Merry Christmas for you. The kids look like they had a good christmas, and cute blanket from Grandma. I love that you take a picture with all their gifts. That fun!!! Happy New Year!!

jakeanddeana said...

Trina, I owe you an e-mail, it has been thought of many times, but I will get there. . .someday. I love looking at your family pictures, from Christmas, reading about your cold weather, makes me appreciate Arizona more! I am glad that you listed the things that you were grateful for. . .I really should do that. . .Glad that we can see the fun things you are doing!