Thursday, December 11, 2008

Celebrating our 10 Year Anniversary

Today was our 10th Anniversary. It is crazy to look back on the last 10 years and see how it has gone by so fast, yet we have so many memories. We have experienced highs and lows and have shed tears of joy and pain. We have 5 beautiful children that we love so much and they have taught us more than we could have ever imagined. We have worked hard to get Jez through school and we have learned many life lessons just through our experiences outside of the classroom. It has been a challenging ten years for us, but we are so excited about our next 10 years and what they will bring. :)

I am so grateful to be married to my best friend. I am grateful for all the times we have spent together and the memories we have made. I know that we are meant to be together and I love the saying "grow old along with me, the best is yet to be." I love you Jez.

Wedding Day December 11, 1998
(If there is anything I would change about the day it would be to have had a photographer. We only have a few pictures and as you can see the quality isn't so great.)


Little Talden sleeping.... :)

1 Year Anniversary - We were sealed together and to our son Talden in the Logan, Utah LDS temple for time and all eternity.
(We don't have pictures of that day either... it was cloudy and rainy and all of our film was double exposed with Christmas pictures...)


2 Year Anniversary - I'm not sure, but I bet it was great. :)
3 Year Anniversary - Diddo
4 Year Anniversary - I think we might have gone to dinner at the Copper Mill, not sure - but I do think we had a great Valentine activity earlier this year. (Some of my GF buddies might remember)

5 and 6 Year Anniversary - Don't remember, sorry sweetie (but you don't remember either so I guess it's ok)
7 Year Anniversary - This one I remember! Thanks to my amazing, wonderful, totally UNFORGETABLE friends, Jez and I got to spend two nights in SLC with no kids! :) We had so much fun eating at fancy restaurants and Christmas shopping. It was such a great anniversary. :)
8 Year Anniversary - Once again, thanks to amazing friends, we were able to spend a night in SLC and got to go to a Jazz game.


9 Year Anniversary - This one I also remember. It was definitely one of the best ones we've had. We didn't have babysitters so we decided to feed the kids pizza and put them to bed early and then Jez and I cooked a fantastic dinner together. It was so fancy and yummy and we love to cook together. It is usually crazy at dinnertime with the kids, but it was nice with just us. We had music and conversation without being interrupted. It was great. Then we ate it by candlelight at our table which had a white linen, candles, and roses. After dinner we opened a gift basket from Wine Country Gift Baskets that was a Rocky Mountain tower with all kinds of goodies and we watched a movie. It was great. :)


Above: Jez chopping artichoke hearts....mmmm.
Below: The finished product. :)

10 Year Anniversary - This one probably won't top the charts for best Anniversary ideas, but it is the most profound for me. In the last couple of months our marriage has been tried and tested and through it all ultimately strengthened. I feel like this Anniversary is a turning point for us and I am excited about that. That being said... I have had strep throat since last Saturday and I'm still recovering so I am grateful I could even eat today, and Jez got a root canal this morning, so he is grateful he could eat too. :) He had the day off work and we spent most of it cleaning up our house because after 4 days of wanting to do nothing, it needed it bad. I feel so much better with it clean and we finally decided to decorate for Christmas. :) I will post pictures of that tomorrow... but other than that, I did get a chance to make this tile I had been wanting to make.


Happy Anniversary Jez.
Here's to the next 10 years.

11 comments:

David and Debby said...

I haven't commented before, and only came here and visited your site via becky and ray's. happy anniversary. i read your entry, trina, from your day away from home. it brought back so many memories for me. we had our 6th child right before our 11th anniversary. that time with our young family was the most physically and emotionally exhausting periods of my life. but i just want to tell you, looking back from where i am today, it was all worth it. i was plagued back then with guilt about all the things i did not do, or about yelling at my kids, or not doing or being something enough. i loved elder anderson's talk from conference 'you know enough', well, we did enough. i just want to tell you and jez to hang in there, because the view from here is glorious. it was worth everything we did back then. having adult children and grandchildren is the icing, the whipped cream and the cherry on top. it is the best. just keep doing what you have been doing. i am convinced that heavenly father does not bless us necessarily for how well we parent, but he blesses us because we keep trying to do our best. some days were definitely not my best, but somehow we kept at it. you are an incredible mom trina. i don't think i faced things from such a spiritual perspective back then. maybe i did, but i really don't remember. you possess all the ingredients you need to raise righteous, faithful children. it is the most important thing we do. hang in there. thanks for sharing your experiences so openly. love, debby

Jessica said...

Congrats on your Anniversary. I didn't realize you had a December wedding too!!! I hope you had an enjoyable day. Talden is adorable in the pictures, and you and Jez look so young! You were absolutely beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

The Jensens said...

Congratulations! We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in May, and I can't believe how fast time goes.

Francene

Felicia said...

You guys are a great couple. I love that you cooked a fancy dinner together...what a fun memory. Happy Anniversary!

Marianne said...

Happy Anniversary Jez and Trina!

10 years is a big milestone. You've accomplished a lot together in that time.

Here's wishing that the next 10 are bliss!

Love ya!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yipee, Congrats on the Anniversary. It is a big deal! You have made it through a lot and it is so nice to see the awesome commitment that you two have to each other.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

What a great post. I loved seeing all the past pictures, you guys are just the cutest couple. Happy Anniversary!

Sandra said...

Wow Happy Anniversary. I liked that you put up what you have done for past anniversaries. There are anniversaries I don't remember what we did either. You guys are the cutest! Good luck with the next 10 :) PS I hope your feeling better...... thank goodness we live in a time that we have antibiotics eh?

Kristi Rowley said...

Thanks for sharing this post! You two are so amazing! I have seen the love and respect that you have for each other. What a great example you are to all of us!
Love ya!
Kristi

The Durham Family said...

What a hopeless romantic you are!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! How sweet to hear your story! We sure miss you guys! TONS!!!

Neil said...

Jez and Trina, It looks like things are going well. I miss you and are hoping the best for you and your family. Things in Utah are going well and I am looking forward to graduation in a year or so. love you guys.

neil