Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our trip to Michigan

We were so excited to see my family for Spring Break. We got up early (4 a.m.) on Friday and drove to Michigan to see my sister and her family, and my parents who flew in from Utah. We had a great time and loved spending time with everyone. We got home yesterday after spending FIVE whole days together as a family!

I didn't get a lot of pictures, but here are a few.

Driving into Chicago
I would love to spend a few days here with Jez as tourists. I was able to go with my mom about 12 years ago and it was so much fun. We were VIP's on the trolley tours and got to go to the top of the Sear's Tower, to the Pier, Grant Park and Buckingham Fountain, the Art Institute of Chicago, UNO pizzeria, the Cheesecake Factory, Miracle Mile and everything else in between. We even road the L-Train at midnight.... but that is another story. :)


Cute little Julia
She was so good on the 12 hour drive.
We were surprised at how well she did.

Sweet little Josie
This is at my sister's house. It was cold, but nice for
the most part. We loved their house and all the big
trees everywhere. It is very beautiful there. We will
have to visit again in the summertime when everything
is green and leafy. :)

Our Jacie
Jacie excited to play with her cousins and see
grandma and grandpa.

Snow's Sugarbush Maple Syrup Festival

Saturday morning we ate breakfast at a farm where
they had all you can eat pancakes, french toast, waffles,
eggs, three different kinds of sausage, fresh apple cider,
and FRESH MAPLE SYRUP!
It was so yummy. They had the buckets on the trees
collecting maple and they did tours of how the syrup is
made. We all had fun and were stuffed full for the day.

We also got to go to an indoor soccer game and to church with everyone. On Monday night my family watched the kids so Jez and I could go to dinner. We went to P.F. Chang's. It was really good (I normally don't eat Chinese Food). I am glad we went to try it. We will definitely be back!

My attempt at getting a picture of
the Sear's Tower at night.

Yesterday we left the hotel at 3:30 a.m. so we would miss the Chicago rush hour traffic. We made it all the way to Madison before the kids woke up and wanted breakfast. It was perfect. After breakfast we only had about 4 hours left of the drive. We were happy to be home again. :)

9 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Mmmmm, I love Maple Syrup! That sounds like so much fun!
I love trying out new places....you just need to be a little adventurous.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I can't believe how grown up your girls are getting. And I totally love the pictures from your trip!

Jessica said...

Julia is so grown up, along with the rest of them. I am so happy you got to spend time with your family. Your breakfast sounds delicious!!!

Sandra said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. We are planning a trip to Kevin's parents in November. It takes us 21 hours to get there. Let me tell you how excited I am about it. Whenever we go we do the whole waking up way early so the kids sleep a lot too. It makes the drive so nice. I just saw the post too about Jez and the Rock star contest, thats awesome. You will have to let us know how he does at the regional competition.

rebeccaV said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!! It is so nice to just get away every once in a while!! My family went to Chicago when I was in high school (drove all the way from Idaho!!). It is a fun place. Congrats to Jez on his Rock Star contest!!

Shell said...

I'm so glad you and Jez got a little time together. I'm sure you needed it. And at P.F. Changs? I'm so jealous! I love that place! I bet it was great to see so much of your family. And bless those kids hearts for traveling so well!

rebeccaV said...

Jezreal, I always new you were a rock star. I love family trips. I also love Chang's. You two are such good parents. Love both of you.
Ray

Jeremy and Nichole said...

Trina! :)

Your family is so cute! I would love to see you guys in July! Your mom came down a few weeks ago to see jer and i. It was really good to see them. Let me know your email so I can stay in touch with you there also. I had it when you had your facebook, but I dont have it anymore! Talk to you soon! :)

Nichole

The Durham Family said...

What a fun trip! We sure miss you guys! We are glad that you are still doing well though! Good luck Jez!!! You "rock on"!