Monday, May 11, 2009

Random Updates...

It's been awhile since I have blogged so these go back a ways. I was looking through my pictures deciding what to post and here's what I came up with...

Valentines (told you it's been awhile)
My Visiting Teacher brought this very cute bread to us with some other festive Valentine's.

Talden made a "shark box" for his valentines.
The shark ate them all. :)


Jacie made a Bear Bag, but wanted to show her
TeePee project instead.


Josie's 3rd Birthday!!

She's so cute... and now fully potty trained. (Yay!!)

Josie with her new haircut.
Little Julia running at the park.

Jez's 30-Something Birthday! :)
Yes, his cake is a store bought brownie with M&M's.
Tells you what kind of days we've had around here.

Happy Birthday Present...

it has heated leather seats, sunroof, 6 disc CD changer,
drives safely down the interstate, cannot seat 7,
and is the first car that Jez has ever shopped for
and purchased for himself in his life...


Last Sunday we drove both vehicles down to see Jez's
family and then took his brother out to see his kids.
We took them to lunch and the park and then went
back and grilled out/made dinner for everyone
(his mom, dad, and two of his brothers).

Sound of Severe Weather/Tornado Siren
Just in case you've ever wondered what it might sound
like when the sky turns green and things are flying outside
your window. (You don't get the full effect because it is
sunny and bright in the video, but I'm not sure I will ever
get it in it's true form... this is on testing day.)
***Make sure to pause the music at the top of the page
so you can hear it better.***



Jez had his Regional Rock Star competition
last week in Minneapolis. We were hoping he would
get to go to Chicago for it, but they flew everyone
else here instead. They only selected the top 3 to
move on to the national and he didn't make it
to that one, but I am proud of him for
making it as far as he did and for all of his hard work.
He is always trying to work hard to take care of our
family and I appreciate all he does for us.
(Love you sweetie)
We collect keychains from places we've been and
things we do so he got one to add to our collection. :)


The kids made dinner Saturday night

Pigs in a blanket and fruit pizza...
(Not so healthy, but lots of fun...)



Jez worked all day yesterday so we celebrated
Mother's Day a day early. :)

12 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow that's crazy that they sound a siren! I love Taldens Valentines Box and I can't believe that Josie is three already.

Jessica said...

Yeah for potty trained! I love the feeling of one down. We are officially diaper free, and its great. I love the new car, it looks so nice and clean! I hope all is well, and we look forward to seeing you this summer, we miss you and your cute family.

Landon and Trinette said...

Nice wheels! Cute kids! and when are we going to make that fruit pizza? (when we see you next month I hope.)

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Mmmm, those pigs in a blanket look yummy.
Glad to see you are still surviving and keeping busy!

The Jensens said...

Yay... for the potty training. I wished I could get Taegan potty trained. Jez got a fun surprise for his birthday --NICE car! Hope all is well.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Okay, that teddy bear bread is so cute!
Talden is so creative, I love the shark. And obviously creativity runs in the family, Jacie's TeePee is awesome.
I can't believe Josie is 3! I love the picture of all the kids with their sunglasses, ha ha!
Happy 30-something Jez!
And I'm wiping drool off of my keyboard after seeing that car, wow.
The park pictures are cute, Julia is getting soooo grown up.
I remember the tornado sirens from when I lived in Texas. Do your kids do the drills at school? We did drills at least once a year in Texas.
Congrats to Jez, he's seriously one of the hardest workers I've ever met.
Ooh, your early Mother's Day dinner is making me hungry...and I need the recipe for that fruit cookie!

Kristi Rowley said...

Can I say ditto to everything Shaunta said!!! I love Talden's shark! So creative. And then Jacie! She is sooo growing up into a beautiful young lady. It was a year ago on the 19th that we had your little farewell party. Crazy to think that it has already been that long. I'm glad things are going well for you guys. You give me hope.
Love ya!

Susi said...

Those pigs in a blanket look so yummy! Wanna give me the secret to how they were made? It would be a fantastic birthday dinner for my sweetie. He loves that kind of stuff!

rebeccaV said...

I always do huge updates all at once like this :) I remember those tornado warnings. They are so scary, especially when they are accompanied by a huge thunderstorm! Happy birthday to little Josie and Jez! Your kids are getting so big...I can't believe you only have one in diapers, I dream of that day!

The Durham Family said...

I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!!! Blogs are awesome! We are glad to see that you all still smile - at least sometimes huh? Have a great week and we can't wait to see you!!!!

Jim Rowley said...

Wow, nice car! I thought you loved that old Ford so much you would find it's twin.

SaraMomma said...

Lots of stuff going on :) It was wonderful to catch up. Say Hi to Jez for me! Love you and miss you!!!