Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad! (and Grandpa)



Dear Dad (& Grandpa),
Happy Birthday!
I wish we could be there to celebrate with you.
We hope you have a great day. You deserve it!
We love and miss you!

Things I love about my Dad

He's always been there for me. Even when it meant changing 2 blown tires in the High School parking lot... (Thanks dad, you're the best)

He's always provided for my needs... and lots of my "wants" too. I love to travel and will always remember our family vacations together, my trip to Australia, and him back-tracking in Oregon to give me the camera I left in the back seat... (Thanks dad, for the education, culture and memories)

He's always shown me respect and been proud of me even when I let him down. For that I will always be grateful. (Thanks dad, I love you too)

He taught me to work and what it means to be responsible. I have never seen someone so dedicated to their job and getting things done... (Thanks dad, for teaching me to stick with it even when things get hard)

He is a righteous example and took me to church every week even when I didn't want to go. (Thanks dad for teaching me about faith, courage and forgiveness)

He spent (and still spends) many sleepless nights worrying about me and wishing that he could make everything "right"... (Thanks dad, for showing me you care... everything will be ok, really)

He loves my mother. Just like in every marriage there have been ups and downs, but I know he loves her and wants to be a better man because of her. (Thanks dad, for teaching me about eternal life)

He is an amazing grandpa to my children. His legacy of love will be felt for many generations. (Thanks dad, we miss you)

There are so many other things I could say about my dad, but most of all...

Dad, Thank you for loving me.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

What a great tribute to your dad! I missed the last few posts, that pool party sounds awesome!!! I also liked the poem. Sounds like you guys are settling right in. We miss ya!

Kristi Rowley said...

You do have an awesome dad. I can see alot of him in you. Love you guys!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Well written, I bet he is grateful to have you too. :) Thanks for sharing this.

Scott and Amme said...

Oh, you made me cry! A beautiful tribute and it made me think of my amazing Dad. They are truly such a blessing in our lives.