Friday, November 28, 2008

I Love Christmas

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Jez and I went to spend the day with his family. We got to see his grandma, aunts and cousins while we were there. It was good to see everyone. My camera is still broken (I have ordered a new one that should be here today) so all of my pictures are on Jez's cell phone, which isn't very good. I need to get a USB cable to get all the photos off and then I will post pictures of Julia's first birthday, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. I never realized how much I used my camera until it was gone.

Anyway, I love the fall, but I am always excited for the Christmas season. It is getting really cold here so it is fun to see the bright colors and lights of the holidays. I love the sounds, smells, and tastes of Christmastime. I love reflecting on our Savior's birth and the deep gratitude I feel. And Shauntae please excuse the Kenny G in the playlist ;) ... but seriously, I love it. I close my eyes and picture myself at a fancy Christmas party on a high floor with the lights of the city twinkling out of every floor-to-ceiling window and everyone dressed in their beautiful sparkling dresses and crisp tuxedos with soft lights radiating from crystal chandeliers reflecting off the creamy marble floors. I picture the tall Christmas tree decorated in white lights with glass icicles and shiny gold ornaments and Kenny G playing the sax accompanied by the concert pianist in the corner playing Christmas arrangements on the glossy grand piano. I see the smiles and quiet laughter of the crowd and the delicate hors d'oeuvres passed on shiny gold trays... Or it may be a quiet evening at home snuggling by the fire with Stephen's Mint Hot Chocolate and Raspberry sticks with a fuzzy flannel blanket... I know I'm a hopeless romantic and dreamer, but go ahead and click on the last song in my playlist and give it a try. :) What do you love about Christmastime?

6 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I still love you, Kenny G fantasies and all. ;)

Sandra said...

Well you post made me more excited for Christmas. I love the excitement. I love to come up with fun things to give neighbors and friends. I would love to snuggle by the fire...if we had a fireplace :)

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I love having a beautiful Christmas tree all decorated with glowing lights. I love putting on some soft Christmas music turning off all of the other lights and relax in the glow of the tree.

Shell said...

Can I come join your dream party? Sounds delightful!

jakeanddeana said...

Trina, we love being able to read your blog! It makes me more excited about Christmas just reading your post! Would you send me your address by e-mail so I can send you a Christmas card? My e-mail is deanarae1@aol.com -- THANKS! Deana

The Durham Family said...

Trina,
We sure miss you guys! When are you thinking you will make it to Utah? Ever? We love to get to read how you are doing! Love ya and miss ya,
Dana