Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 2 - Trip to Utah

Day 2 - Trip to Utah
June 27th, 2009

Getting a family picture at 3:30 in the morning. :)
(BTW Amme, we had all the kids shower the night before and get in their
PJ's... then we packed everything out to the van so when we woke up
they just got dressed and everyone grabbed their own blanket
and we left with one bag in hand! It works great. Our kids were troopers!
They were all half asleep and they slept for 3-4 hours as soon as we hit the road.)


My attempt to get a picture of Mt. Rushmore
as we drove by... The video worked a little better.


Driving across Wyoming. Yes, I always think of the
Pioneers the entire time we are driving across the
long, long state of Wyoming.



Stopping for breakfast at Perkins. We love that place!
I love any place with all day breakfast!

Finally in Utah! Driving South from Wyoming
to see Flaming Gorge and our friends in Vernal!




Who drives a $250,000 Ferrari down Main Street
in Vernal?! Who drives a $250k car period?
(I for one have way too many things I
would rather do with that money!
)
But it was a fancy car and it was brand new.

We made it! Talden and Dakota playing Risk.

Cute, cute house! Loved it!

Jez visiting while our hosts were busy cooking us
dinner... which was fantastic. They spoiled us!
Thanks Jeff & Dana!! We love you guys!

Josie cooking Nemo for dinner...

After dinner our kids played until we made them sleep
then we stayed up and had Root Beer Floats and
visited until we could no longer keep our eyes open.
We are so grateful for good friends!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I love Jeff and Dana too ha ha. Ya gotta love family :)Thats neat that you were able to stop and see them.

jakeanddeana said...

Your family vacation looks like it was AMAZING! I have ever been to Minnesota, but your pics on the road you take to go south, look so BEAUTIFUL! I need to go to Minnesota! Even your pic of Wyoming, is exquisite! Looks like a fun trip! Your comment on my blog about your son the first day. . .well, I am just saying, we're getting "extra" blessings in Heaven for the days like that :).. One of these days. . .I'm going to surprise you with a call, and maybe take you to lunch! I'll e-mail you before we get out there, but I do have lot's of roots in Minnesota, and your pics make me want to see it. Just not til the Spring! ;)

rebeccaV said...

Trina, you are so organized, I can tell that your trip went off without a hitch. (I totally lovin' that hotel, by the way!!). It looks like it was so much fun! Are Jeff and Dana the ones who used to live in Caldwell? They are so nice, it is great to have good friends!

PS, I can't believe how big Josie is!!

The Jensens said...

looks like your trip was great!!! Love the picture of your family when you first get on your blog, it is sooo cute!!!