Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 4 - Trip to Utah

Day 4 - Trip to Utah
June 29th, 2009

On Monday morning we woke up and were deciding on
what to do in SLC for the morning. I got on the church
website to see about the Joseph Smith movie because
our kids wanted to go to the Legacy Theater. While I
was on the site I was reminded of the Oquirrh Mountain
Temple open house. They still had tickets so we got
ready and drove to South Jordan. We made it with
about 3 minutes to spare, but it was amazing and the
kids really enjoyed getting to be inside the temple. It is
such a beautiful place. Here is an article that shows
pictures from inside the temple for any of you that didn't
get a chance to go. I love the beautiful windows and
crystal chandeliers. I love the sparkles and the white.
It is a little piece of heaven on earth.




Then we stopped at Marianne's and got to visit and see
her cute new house. I loved it! And this awesome
picture above her fireplace. :)

Kids making snow cones.

Marianne and I :) (Love you!)

Then we went to see Ty & Nicole's apartment and
went to dinner with them at Red Robin.
(Love you guys too!!)

Jacie in the Parking Lot

Attempt at getting a picture of the mountains.

And the sunset in the canyon.

We got to Logan pretty late so we went to the Inn
where we were staying for a few days and met my
parents there. We had a fun day and the kids all
went straight to bed that night. :)

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Thats so neat that you got to make it to the open house! Especially on spur of the moment.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

We moved from Utah at the beginning of our marriage, and I remember missing the beautiful mountains so much!
(You reminded me of it with you fuzzy picture!)
I hope you got your fill!