Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote, Vote, Vote

I am so excited for this election to be over! Jez and I voted this morning before he went to work. Today was the first time I have voted in a state where the majority is Democratic and I feel like I am fighting for the Republican. I voted for McCain/Palin and a Republican senator. I am actually anxious to see how our state polls end up. I know a lot of people in our ward are voting for McCain, but there are a lot of Obama stickers in the parking lot... we will see. I hope everyone gets out to vote. (And my sister-in-law had a funny campaign button on her blog. It said "I will hold my nose while I vote for John McCain)... hahaha

7 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Interesting. I don't know if I will be able to go and vote. My employer is legally obligated to give me time but I don't know if he will be home at all today! hahaha!
I will try to get there!

Jessica said...

I agree with her button, I have heard people say, of the millions of people in our country, how did we end up with these two as our only choices for president!?! I too am anxious to see how it all turns out.

Sandra said...

I'm excited to see the outcome too. I'm glad I got my "I voted" sticker but I'm sad because Krispie Cream is giving a free donut to those who come in and show their sticker.......to bad there is not one in Logan.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Voting Rocketh.

Shell said...

The best thing about voting is that we have the right to do it. The second best thing is that the deluge of political ads finally ends!

Trina said...

I too am excited about the final ending of the slur of political ads! So Minnesota's final was McCain 44% Obama 54%. It was actually closer than I thought it would be. I think it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years. I think both candidates had good and not so good political views for different reasons so I can't say that I am sad that McCain didn't make it, I'm just anxious to see what Obama will do with it. Yay!!! It's OVER!

The Durham Family said...

Trina, I am so happy to hear from you! We would LOVE to have you come and see us when you come in the summer! I hope by then we will have grass!!! I hope that you guys are still doing well. I love to look at your blog but it makes us miss you guys so much! Are you sure you want to stay in Minnesota? Just teasing - but we do miss you tons! Keep in touch! Love ya, Dana