Monday, November 3, 2008

Quirks Tag

I was tagged by Amme to share 6 quirks.

1. I can't stand drinking the end of the milk in the carton, or the cereal in the box, etc. Jez usually gets the end of the bread, crumbs in the cereal box, etc. If he doesn't eat/drink it, the kids will have to. (I can't stand drinking milk at restaurants either. I have to know it is a fresh, full gallon.)

2. I hate to drive our minivan (especially on busy roads or the freeway), but I am a very diligent backseat driver. (I am getting better though)

3. I don't like sleeping with sheets that are tucked in. It drives me crazy and makes me feel claustrophobic. I usually sleep with one leg out of the covers. And I have to sleep in the same position every night to fall asleep.

4. I get so tired of repeating myself. If you want to irritate me quickly just nonchalantly say "what?" after I say something.

5. I have to vacuum my floors at least once a day. I feel like the house isn't clean unless I can see the vacuum lines in the carpet. And if I vacuum before someone is coming over, don't walk through the house because I will have to vacuum again to get rid of the footprints. (It drives Jez crazy!)

6. My mood is subconsciously tied to the state of my house. The cleaner it is the better I feel (even if I'm not at home). If you ever notice I'm anti-social/irritable you can offer to wash my dishes, or clean the bathrooms. :)

I tag anyone who hasn't done it yet, sorry I don't remember all the ones who have. (Jessica?, Shauntae?, Sandra?, Nicole?, Felicia?)

5 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I've done this tag recently...but I'll give you some quirks just for you in your comments:
1)I'm the one who gets to drink the last of the milk and/or eat the cereal crumbs.
2)I love driving...minivan, car, truck, anything! And I don't have to be a backseat driver because I never let Nick drive when we're together.
3) I like the sheets tucked in, but not too tight.
4)What did you say? Just kidding.
5) I'm horrible at vacuuming. When people come over, they're lucky if I pick up the big pieces. ;)
6) Mine's the other way around...if I feel happy, I'll clean. If I'm having a depressive day, I'll leave stuff laying around just because I can.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

You are so funny. I wish that the lines in my carpet would never go away. I get crazy if my house is not clean!

Sandra said...

WHAT was it that you just posted? he he. I like to have my house clean too but I'm amazed that you can vacuume everyday!

Jessica said...

I recently did it too, but I wish I was as diligent at the vacuuming, and cleaning. I cannot stand to go anywhere for an extended period of time, and leave a dirty house. It will drive me insane the entire time I am gone. I am like Shauntae though, I like to drive, and I still am a bad back seat driver too!!

Ty and Nicole said...

1) You know I don't like anything good for me, so I don't drink a whole lot of milk. Ty gets the end off both his and mine so it doesn't go to waste. And I so understand about not getting it at a restaurant. The thought makes me cringe.
2) Well, you are going to laugh. I am so old fashion that I think that it's so weird if the women is driving the man around. So I will never drive when I go with Ty. And I have learned to be a good back seat driver, I don't say anything.
3) I have to admit I laughed at this one because I remembered that you and Ty are twins when you guys are sleeping. Now I have to sleep with one leg out too, unless I'm cold.
4) I don't like to repeat myself either. But it really gets on my nerves if the person doesn't look at me when I am talking to them.
5) Well, I'm very lazy. But your mom has rubbed off on me. I not only have the whole house clean, the vacuuming has to be just right. But my biggest pet peeve is when things don't get put down the disposal and dishes are stacked and the water is all gross.
6) I got this from your mom too. I guess we both did. If we leave for Logan, the whole apartment has to be clean before we go.