Monday, February 9, 2009

Amazon Kindle... Wireless Book Reader


So I was watching Oprah back in October when she had her Favorite Gadgets show and she was talking about the Amazon Kindle. I decided to get one for Jez for Christmas because he saw the show and really wanted one. They were having a coupon sale if you ordered within so many hours. Needless to say it became a $300 impulse buy. Jez found out before Christmas that I had gotten him one and he was excited, but as it got closer to Christmas we realized that we didn't have the money to keep it and decided to send it back. After Christmas I opened the box to find the return label and it was past when I could send it back so I decided to sell it on Ebay. Lucky for us Amazon had run out of them and they were on backorder until March so people were selling them for more than they had bought them for because they were such a "hot item." So I actually made $79 off of the impulse buy. (That's a definite FIRST!) Anyways, also lucky for us I sold it just in time because this morning I got an email from Amazon letting me know they had the Kindle 2 coming out in a couple of weeks and it is a better version of the first one (7 times the memory, faster, smaller, etc) and it is selling for less than I sold our original Kindle for. Needless to say the Kindles on Ebay are selling for a lot less this week than they were a few weeks ago. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow I have never heard of those before, very cool. That is awesome that you could sell it for more than you bought it for!!!

Jessica said...

I am happy that you got it sold, and just in time!! Its so nice when those things work out.

rebeccaV said...

That is so awesome that you made money on that-I love it!! I can't believe Treven is 5-that is crazy!! Those pictures of you kids are so cute, especially the last one with Jez. It is always a nightmare trying to get pictures with all my kids. We aren't going to be in Pocatello over the 4th of July. We are going down in August for my dad's 60th birthday surprise party. We were actually thinking about getting Maryann a plane ticket to come out here in July, but I don't know if she is up to it. I know she hates flying. Anyway, hope all is well with you guys!!

The Durham Family said...

You always were AMAZING with finding the "deal"! I am glad that it worked out! We sure miss you guys!