Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hola Amigos

So Jez has officially gone back to school. He is at Spanish class right now. We have decided that it would be a good life skill to be bi (or tri) lingual. Spanish seemed the obvious choice right now, but also on the list is Mandarin Chinese. I would love to know Italian for when the day comes that I get to take that dream vacation of mine. ;) But Spanish is great because we could use it everyday and I would love to visit Spain, and Puerto Vallarta wouldn't be too bad either. Jez wants to know Chinese purely for business/economical reasons. I hope that someday we can travel the world and see all the great places we've learned about in our textbooks! Where is your dream vacation?? Mine is definitely Italy. I want to see it all... Rome, vineyards, countryside, Trevi fountain, etc. But a close second would be just about anywhere in Europe or England. I would also love to see the castles of Ireland, the Great Wall of China, and the pyramids in Egypt... ok, now I am getting carried away. Seriously, where would you like to go and have you ever been outside of the country?? I would love to hear. :)

8 comments:

Scott and Amme said...

I too would love to go to Italy. My other big dream is Austria. I am a huge Sound of Music fan! But, really anywhere would be great. Houston is as far as I have ever been. Maybe this summer I can push that a little farther. Hey, you are in Michigan right? Or is is Minnesota? I can't remember. Anyway, you are pretty close to Mackinac Island (THAT'S WHERE THEY FILMED SOMEWHERE IN TIME!!!). You should have Jez take you there for a long weekend. I don't know that I am ever going to make it there.

Amber said...

Oooh...First on the list is the Greek Islands! Next would be France to see all the castles there. I have a friend going there this summer and he keeps showing me pictures of all the places he'll be visiting. He'll be seeing the castle where they filmed Ever After - aaaggh, so jealous!!

Sandra said...

I would love to travel anywhere!! I would really like to go to Scotland though. England would be fun too. Thats great that he wants to learn spanish. I took a community class and would like to take more. I would love to fluently speak to talk to people. I figure when all the kids are in school I could help out in the schools as a translator. Anyway, the only place out of the country we have gone to is Finland. Let me say that is one language I wouldn't be jumping to learn he he, very difficult.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I would love to go to Italy. We have spent the year learning all about that area. I would love to take a long field trip!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I've always wanted to see Ireland...but I'm not picky, I'd love to travel anywhere. And the farthest out of the country I've ever been is Tiajuana. :P

Peter and Emily said...

I would like to go to the highlands of Scottland. Maybe someday my brother will take us on a tour of that land. As for Egypt, etc. I see all of that through my family's eyes. We have a few avid world travelers in our family, not to mention the family that lives outside of the USA. If you want to see a cool Egypt shot go to my sis's blog. http://photofizz.blogspot.com/ scroll down to almost the bottom. She took some awesome pictures of her last few adventures.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Go check out my MotWB blog, I just gave you an award!

Jennifer said...

I've been to Mexico; went as a high school exchange. It was a fantastic way to learn the language really quick. Back then no one in the town I went to spoke any English, so I carried my dictionary everywhere. Just a week ago, I helped a man in the store who was trying to ask the cashier a question.
Your kids are all adorable!