Monday, February 9, 2009

Birthday, Singing, and Pinewood Derby...

Yes, we are still alive and well. :) It has been over a month since I have updated our blog (gasp!) and now I have some quick catching up to do.

Our little Treven had his 5th Birthday in January. He is getting so grown up and is such a handsome little guy. We love him and his spark for life. He teaches me so much about love (and patience). He is so excited about starting school in the fall. He is trying so hard to learn his numbers, colors, letters, etc. He wants to be sure he is ready for school. Now my job is to make sure the school is ready for him. :) We love you little Trevie.


Jacie had her music performances in January. Their whole grade sang for the school and then did a "concert night" where the parents could come. Jacie was asked to sing a solo part (1 of only 4). She was so nervous for a week before. She could hardly eat. She did a great job though. And she informed me that it was good practice since she wanted to be a singer/dancer when she grows up. :) Good job Jacie on your singing!


Talden had his first Pinewood Derby in January too. He has been in scouts for a couple of years now, but we have always had something going on and he has never done a derby car. He had a great time making it and racing it. I am still in scouts so it was fun to see my other "boys" race their cars too. It was a good night and I never realized how serious some people are about their Pinewood Derby cars!



The rest of my pictures from January are from other scouts meetings, a Kindle we sold on Ebay, and my attempt at getting a cute picture of all my kids together...


..........
.....
.....

Haha... Maybe next time...
We hope you are all doing well. We miss seeing all of our friends and family in Utah. I was thinking about you all the other day and thinking about all the wonderful, amazing things I have learned from each of you and how my life is better because you have all been a part of it. Love you!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Your kids' pictures on the bed are so cute!! I can't believe how grown up Jacie looks. I am sure she did great on her singing. As for the pinewood derby cars, its insane how caught up some people get. My husband is included in that!! He has it down to a science. I hope you have a great week, and I am glad that you finally updated, I have been wondering and worrying!!

Sandra said...

I agree with Jessica, I think the pictures of the kids turned out cute. I do have to ask...whats a kindle? Taldens derby car looks awesome!!!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

What an awesome family! Sounds like you guys are keeping busy.
What is Kindle?

Kristi Rowley said...

Way to go Jacie! You are so grown up. So are you ready to move back yet? J/K! I miss my friend! Love you guys!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Ooh, I miss you so much my heart hurts! I love these cute pictures of your family, they are all getting so grown up. :) LOVE YOU!

The Jensens said...

Your family is growing so fast and are so cute. We are getting ready for our first pine wood derby with Trevyn next month and don't have a clue of what to do with his car.

We don't care at all about you having the same names as us, that just means we have great taste.

Hope things are going well.
Francene

The Durham Family said...

Those pictures are heart-breaking! We miss you guys! Treven is 5? WOW! Jacie is beautiful! Talden is so handsom! I can't believe how big Josie and Julia are! It is good to see your smiles - we just miss you! Hope that things are going well!
Love ya!