Monday, November 2, 2009

August & September Updates

Enjoying the warm summer days. :)


Kids playing outside by "The Forest" or so they call it. :)
First Day of School
Talden & his friend waiting for the bus.
Julia wanted to go on the big yellow bus too.
She went and found her own backpack. :)

Talden finished up his Cub Scouts at the end of
summer too. Here are some things he did for art.


And he learned how to row a boat...

Talden receiving his Duty to God - Religious Knot

Receiving his Arrow of Light
Crossing over to Boy Scouts
Display of his Cub Scout awards... I know we are
missing a bag of event patches and also his
red and yellow beads on his placard. But he was
excited to see all his hard work displayed that night. :)

6 comments:

rebeccaV said...

WOW, I can't believe Talden is already in boy scouts. He looks so old!! Minnesota really is a pretty place, is that "forest" area right by where you live?

Trina said...

Becky, I know... it's true that the years fly by. Talden will be in Young Men's next year. Crazy!

The "Forest" is right off our dining room patio. We look at all the pretty green trees and plants all summer and then in the fall/spring we can see through the bare trees to the lake, and in the winter everything is just frozen and white... you can't tell what is forest and what is lake ;)

Jessica said...

Good Job Talden! That's awesome and a lot of work for him and the parents. Way to go.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Wow, I'm with beckyV, Talden is so grown up! And I love the picture of Jocie & Julia together, they're such cutie sisters.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Awesome, you must be so proud!
I love all the pictures!

Sandra said...

He's missing things? WOW looks like he has worked pretty hard to me. I guess I better start researching all this scouting stuff. I have no clue when it comes to that stuff. Good think I have a hubby thats been through it all eh? Did Julia cry when everyone went to school? I always feel so bad for the little ones, they just want to be big like their siblings.