Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Blessings

I want to share my thoughts about how grateful I am for the gospel. I can't imagine my life without it. I am so grateful for my blessings and I know without a doubt that we have been led to where we are.

The members here are amazing and they are so sincere. I have never in my life had so many people ask me how I'm doing and when I respond with "good" they look closer at me and ask "really?" It's like they really want to know how I'm doing. Our home teachers have called to see how we are, they have come to visit, they have called to babysit so we could go on a date. It has been years since we had home teachers like that. It makes me want to be better. Our bishop and his counselors are so humble and kind. They have made us feel welcome and comfortable here. They have a wonderful spirit about them and we have appreciated that more than I can express.

I am so grateful for the plan of happiness and what it means for me in my life. I am grateful for my Savior and his Atonement. My testimony has grown so much in the last few months and I know without a doubt that I am a child of God and that He loves me. I know that he watches over me and is aware of things in my life, even things that I myself am not aware of. I am so grateful for the cleansing power of the atonement and the healing that comes from it. I am grateful I can find peace where the world would only offer me sorrow. I have never in my life understood the words Faith, Hope, and Charity like I have in these last couple of weeks. My life has changed so much and I am much stronger because of it.

I am grateful for the scriptures and the very real power that is in them. I love reading them. I love hearing them. I love sharing them with my husband, my children, my family and friends.

I am grateful for true friends who don't judge me and try to see the intent of my heart. I am at a point in my life where I don't have time or room for things that aren't real.

I am grateful for my family. For the joys they bring and the trials that I learn from.

I love the gospel. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I want to be like them. I want to live my life so that I can have the blessings of heaven. I want to be a profitable servant of the Lord and know that I have done all that I have been sent here to do.

I am also grateful for callings and the opportunity that we have to serve and grow. I think so many times people take for granted the organization of the church. It is truly amazing. We learn so much more from serving than I think we realize. It prepares us for many things. I recently got a calling to be a Den Leader. I am so excited to work with Talden in his scouting. It means a lot to me and to him that I can be involved in that. Jez just got a calling to be a Seminary Teacher for the early morning seminary class of 4 high schools. I know this is a great blessing in our lives. What an amazing way to start each day! He goes from 6-7 a.m. Monday through Friday. Those kids are at such a pivotal point in their lives and Jez will have the opportunity to share his testimony with them about lessons he has learned in his life. He will really be able to increase his knowledge and testimony and I know that will flow over into our family. They are studying the New Testament this year so he gets to focus on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

There are so many things to be thankful for. I am glad I have this time to find out who I really am and what is most important to me.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Great post! I too am so greatful for the gospel in my life! Thats exciting that you can be in Scouts with Talden. Jez will be a great teacher!

Jessica said...

That is amazing, thank you for your testimony. I think you will do wonderful in scouting, and Jez will be an amazing teacher. It sound like you have amazing HT and members out there, There isn't a day yet, that I haven't thought of you, and miss you, Good Luck in all you do!

Jim Rowley said...

Thanks Trina. Your post has uplifted me this morning. And I am extremely jealous [covetous] of Jez's calling. We had a seminary teacher speak in our ward Sunday, and I thought, wow, that would be so cool.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Wow Trina, thanks for sharing such a touching testimony. You have always been an inspiration to me, and I have noticed the growth of your spirit lately. What an amazing opportunity our H.F. has given you and your family to grow and come closer to him.

I loved my time living in the "mission field". Early morning seminary was one of my favorite things, and I know their couldn't be a more perfect guy for the job then Jez!

I also think that you will be an amazing Den Leader, and that Talden will really enjoy sharing that with you. Good luck!

I sure miss you Grrl. You, Jez, and the kiddos are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you. :)

PS-The difficulty you have viewing my blog may be because of the fact that I use a Mac, which can make viewing the blog on a PC a little messed up. Sorry!

Ty and Nicole said...

Hey Trina,
Ty and I were reading what you wrote and you know how I get, I was bawling. It made me think of how much I miss you and not getting to talk to you every day. I can't wait to see you again. I love you Bean.
Love,
Nicole

Shell said...

Trina--

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing with us! And I agree with Shauntae, I have noticed in the past little while that you seem to have grown so much. You seem to be so at peace with who you are, where you are, and where you are heading in life. You are great! And those callings sound like so much fun--enjoy them!

Marianne said...

Fantastic post! I'm so glad you are doing well, settling in and having a spiritual experience in the process. :o)

I miss you grrl! Kiss your kids for me and tell Jez hi!