Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our Adventures

So Wednesday we ended up going for a walk and went to a new playground. It was fun, but we did get some afternoon showers so it was cut a little short. Then on Friday it was Jez's last day of training and he got out a couple hours early so I took the kids over to the beach and he came and surprised them when he came home. They played for awhile before he got there and then got to spend about an hour playing water football with him before we had to come in. I ordered pizza before we went over and had it set up to be delivered when we would need to get back since Jez had to go to work at his other job. We had just enough time to get everyone cleaned up before the pizza came and then we ate and Jez went to work. I appreciate him so much. He never complains about his responsibilities of working. He is just so excited to make money and support our family. It was a good day.



Then today Jez had signed up to go to an information session at the Carlson School of Management at the University of MN in Minneapolis. The kids hadn't ever been in the city and I thought it would be a good opportunity to get out of the house with them so we all went (to the city, not the class...haha). The session was 2 1/2 hours. The first hour they went over the programs and admissions and then the second hour they had a presentation by someone from The Princeton Review who went over information about "demystifying the GMAT." The prep course they offer is just over $1200 and has a class that meets once a week for 3 hours for 7 weeks. He would have hours of homework every day to complete the course. So... if any of you have ever taken the GMAT test and have any thoughts on it, we would love to hear about your experiences.
Anyway, here are some pictures/videos of our experience...
Minneapolis Skyline


Treven had to go to the bathroom so we got to
see inside the school. Anyone who knows me
knows how much I love architecture and design,
so I had to get some pictures of the interior. :)



Then we went to the top parking deck to see the city.



We decided to go exploring on the other side of the building.
The skyway is what connects the parking garage to the
school. The kids had fun watching the cars go under them.
Talden said he could sit there all day. We didn't try it. :)


Josie smelling the pretty flowers



Jez is glad he went and he got to meet Patrick, (if you are wondering who Patrick is, see the comments on the Jez's New Favorite Colors post) and the kids and I had fun exploring too.


Video Messages from the kids to Grandma & Grandpa...

And yes Julia is crawling...


(Sorry the video is dark - my camera doesn't
make good videos when we're inside)

5 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That beach looks like so much fun. I want to come play there!
I loved all the videos of the kids, they're so cute and growing up so fast. I miss you so much Grrl!
Love you. :)

Jessica said...

I am so happy that you are finding such exciting things to do out there. It was so fun to see all the videos of the kids. They are growing up so fast, Julia is sute talking, and I can't believe that she is crawling! We miss you, but glad you are enjoying it!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

You guys sound busy!
It is so neat that you were able to show the kids wear Daddy will be.
You guys are such good parents, I am so impressed with your persistance on the way to your dreams!!

Shell said...

That sound like so much fun. You are a brave girl to take five kids to the big city and spend a couple hours alone there. My hero! :)

Justin said...

You guys!! Looks like you are having a good time. You are a good blogger... I just updated mine today and the last time I blogged was a month or so ago... I am bad!!! ARG! Have a good rest of the day you guys!! I wish I was still at Greenfield ward sometimes. Everyone seemed to get a long and we were all in the same boat. It was great.